Friday, October 27, 2017

Postcard from Venice

Venice, Italy is probably one of the most intricately interesting places I've ever been to.  The city itself is so captivating as it is like no other place in the world; the way the river runs between buildings and the fact that there are no cars is really nice too.  The architecture is detailed and contains so much history.
















One day we took a water taxi over to the Island of Burano, Italy and saw a gorgeous and brightly colored city, full of tourists.  I would love to go back there and Venice one day!






















One night my mom and I enjoyed a small Operetta all in Italian and it was beautiful!! As I sat in the front row of the small church, I was blown away at the power and energy of the opera singers and the peaceful live music.  




My mom and I were fortunate enough for the experience to stay in a monastery run by nuns who gave us a nice place in their hostel to stay for the few nights we were there.  One night as my mom and I left our room we talked and prayed that we might be able to find a couple of people who would share a gondola ride with us, as they were really expensive.  Sure enough, as soon as we stepped outside we saw a gondola man and a mom and daughter looking around and at the price of the ride.  We talked to them as we rode around the Grand Canal and found that we had many similarities in our families.  It was such a cool experience making a friend and exploring the beautiful city on boat.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.