Thursday, July 20, 2017

Greater Realities

So I wanted to share something that I feel was neat and important for me to learn both here in France, and on my trip to D.C.  When I was in D.C., and even at the beginning of my trip here, I was really feeling like I wasn't doing enough.  I was feeling like I hadn't gotten to have any truly incredible and life-changing witnessing conversations, so I felt useless.  Instead, I began to notice that quite a few of the people I was talking to were Christians.  I found joy in meeting Christians from around the world, and was so encouraged by simply knowing that there are people out there that love the Lord!  Different people on the team helped me realize that encouraging believers is a ministry as well as sharing the Gospel to the lost.  It's been humbling as I have set or imagined expectations for myself,
but as God has showed me His plan, which has been different than what I thought- it has been so much better!
While I've been here in Strasbourg, I've been able to come alongside different believers and pray for, encourage and share meals with them; all have been huge blessings to me, and I hope to them. This starts wherever we're at.  Being at home some days you (I) might feel useless but if we wake up each day and pray, "God, what do you have for me today?" He says, "I have prepared in advance these good works, for you to walk in" (Ephesians 2:10).  If we are open and willing, God will direct our hearts to reach out to the people around us, in our everyday lives!  Don't think that God can't use you, or won't, because His will is so much bigger than what we can imagine!


What am I doing?
Is my service enough?
Shouldn't I be changing the world?

Here in the background,
I barely make a noise.
Just washing dishes and
organizing useful toys.
How is this helping?

If they don't hear, how will they know?
I just want to go share, (even though I'm not a pro).

Instead I speak to people who already know the truth.
I pray for and reassure them of the God who loves,
in return I am encouraged and told I'm someone they're proud of.

Sure, I'm being blessed, but what about the lost nations?
What impact am I having in these conversations?

A pastor, a mother, a tourist, all from around the globe.
Maybe they needed a push, to go share the gospel.
Maybe their conscience needed a probe.

Serving the Lord may not look like what we expect
regardless of what we see, if our heart is right,
great will be the effect.

"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works...encourage one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near." (Hebrews 10:24-25)

Thank you for all the prayers and support they mean the world!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.