Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Looking Back

As I sat at a picnic table looking out over the beautiful lake in Mize, Mississippi, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by peace.  My trip to Mississippi happened 4 months less than a year ago and this day here was one I will remember forever.  My mom and I decided to go on a walk to the lake from my grandma's house, and go spend some time reading our Bibles.
After I sat there praying for maybe an hour, my mom came over and we talked about what we hoped this next year would look like.  We both cried as we remembered all that we had been through during my childhood and how exciting it is, that I will be moving forward.





As the end of my senior year approaches, I have been looking back to the memories of my childhood and remembering all of the experiences and relationships in my life that have shaped me and my walk with the Lord.  I finally realized last night that I have been grieving.  I'm grieving the end of an era.  For the past 17 years everything has been provided for me, yes I have worked diligently at my school work and my jobs, but for the most part, my parents have given me all that I have.  I realize that when I live at college in 8 months, I will be on my own and forced to provide for myself.  I will be making all new friends, finding a new church family and living on my own.  I'm nervous.  






I know, though, that in my sadness, God brings me hope.  He blesses me with peace, knowing that in all the change, He is my constant rock and provider.  I am trying to enjoy these last 5 months of my senior year and be thankful for the blessings I usually take for granted.   



1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see this new chapter of your life unfold and I know you're gonna hold on to Jesus with everything you've got and totally rock it :) love youuu

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.