Thursday, November 3, 2016

Light It Up

“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.””
John 8:12 


Have a big decision to make soon? Do you have a lot on your mind concerning the next steps to take in life? Be encouraged: you can find answers! 

“When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.”
Psalm 73:16-17 

Do you ever feel like your somehow stuck in the dark? You keep taking one step at a time, but you can't even see what your feet are stepping on.  It's like you need a lamp, or some form of light to see the path set before you. Jesus holds that light, all we need to do is ask Him to shine it for us.
This past week I had been praying about what was next. I was confused because I was kind of stuck in a spot with no open doors, but have many hopes and dreams. I was staring to think that those dreams were unrealistic, and was questioning if they were even worth dreaming of. 
As I continued to be thoughtful of these things, I just continued walking in the dimly lit path. 
On Saturday I was helping my friend find a dress to wear for her senior pictures and when she decided to buy a dress at Francesca's, the manager approached me. She started with, "I know this is super random but as I've watched you today help your friend pick out an outfit that fit her, I thought about what a great fit you would be to work here."  She continued talking about how they don't normally randomly approach people and offer them jobs, interview people on the spot, or hire minors, but that she didn't want to let me go because as she had met me in the past, she could see how sweet I was with people and that I had a good fashion sense. (Yay!) So after being interviewed and talking with the manger about this seasonal position, I've decided to take up their offer!
I think it is ironic, but no coincidence that this is my favorite store and that I had just been praying about what was next. No I don't "have time" for another job, as I am working two part time ones already, on top of taking several college classes. But I believe that God opened this door for a reason and that he works all things out for His glory and my good, so I am taking that next step towards the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.