Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Guarded Heart

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  
And the peace of God , which transcends all understanding, 
will GUARD YOUR HEART and your minds in Christ Jesus."
 //Philippians 4:6-7//

What does it mean to have a guarded heart? To me, being guarded means about the 
same thing as being protected.  I would imagine that when our hearts are 'guarded' they are protected
from unwanted and dangerous things.  



I feel as though I can not completely wrap my mind around the whole "guarded heart" thing,
but I know that we are instructed to desire it, so, I've been praying for it.
As a teenage girl, who often has a lot on her mind, 
I find my emotions riding a daily rollercoaster.
I trust that as I seek refuge in my God, that He will protect my 
heart and satisfy the desires I have, with Him.

"Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart."
//Psalm 37:4//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.