Friday, January 27, 2017

Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie

Lately I've been really enjoying making this smoothie, and the funny thing is, there actually isn't any caramel in it.  It's super good, tastes like caramel and is packed with protein!  These are just the ingredients I use, you can experiment a lot with this recipe. Sorry for the bad picture quality, I just took these on my iPhone.

Salted Caramel Protein Smoothie:

1 1/2 ripe or over ripe bananas
2 Medjool dates
1 tsp Himalayan Rock Salt (or sea salt, or regular rock salt)
3/4 cup Macadamia Milk (or almond milk, or soy milk)
1 small handful of raw cashews (or 1/4 cup cashew butter)
1/2 tbspn honey (I'm just guessing how much, put whatever you want!)
1/2 cup ice

Blend till smooth and enjoy!









3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Becca

    Just the other week, I had salted caramel ice-cream and it stole my heart! When I saw your salted caramel smoothie, well, you can imagine my excitement!

    This recipe also looks simple...maybe I should give it a try this coming weekend.

    YUM!

    Have you always experimented with your own recipes?

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Steph, thanks for checking out my blog! Haha I actually fail at cooking every time I try, so I love the simplicity of this recipe! I tend to make smoothies quite often as I have found that they are easy enough, yet there is still room for my to experiment!

      Delete
  2. Salted caramel is such a lush flavour! latte's, shakes, cakes and even candles. The protein smoothie looks great. I must try it one day.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.